Return to Website

Thursday, June 12, 2014

S Engagement | Utah Portrait Photographer

As I'm sure I've stated over and over on here, I am no longer in the wedding photography business.  I love the gorgeous dresses, the beautiful settings, and all the love that surrounds the day, but I can seriously do without the stress that goes with shooting a wedding.  I don't love shooting something that can't be re-shot.  It makes me a little queasy just thinking about it.  That being said, it doesn't mean that I don't love shooting seriously cute couples like this one.

This is my friend Tammy's son.  Tammy is an amazing photographer herself, so her asking me to do this for her was a HUGE honor.  Tammy has done one of the bravest things ever and taken her family and her life on the road.  They've driven all the way from Alaska to the east coast.  So when her son got engaged and both he and fiance were in Utah, she wasn't able to do the pictures herself.  I was more than happy to do it for her.  You can keep up with her adventures on the road here.

These two were so cute together, she told me all about the story of them meeting when she was only 14 and of course she was too young to date.  So after serving an LDS mission (to of all places Utah, which included Hyrum, just up the road from me) he looked her back up and love blossomed.  He proposed to her at the Statue of Liberty, I swoon!  Seriously, so romantic, especially when you consider how my engagement went down.  Ask me about it sometime, romance was not to be found anywhere.

I know these two have already gone through so much to be together.  They've braved the long distance issue and are planning a wedding from two different states (a wedding which will take place in a third state).  I wish them all the luck in the world and hope they have a long and happy marriage.















No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!